The tragic case of Awaab Ishak, who died of a respiratory condition caused by mould in his home, has rightly focused attention on the quality of social housing homes across the country
Please be assured any reports of damp and mould will be taken extremely seriously by Trident. We will aim to resolve mould, damp and disrepair issues in our homes promptly and effectively. Our resident handbook and website provides support and advice for residents on how to prevent and combat the early sign of damp and mould in a property.
We already have measures in place to address damp and mould and our teams have been working on additional initiatives for a number of months to further support residents. This includes:
- Reviewing all existing reported cases of condensation, damp and mould.
- Investment in humidity and ventilation monitoring devices, to enable early identification of problems.
- Referring cases to specialist surveyors and contractors if there is a repeat instance of damp and mould
- Enhanced training for all colleagues and new reporting systems.
- Working with our Residents Committee to review our policy, procedures, and monitoring arrangements in place for damp and mould.
We would urge any resident who has concerns about damp and mould to contact our Customer Service Team immediately on 0121 633 4633 or emailing CustomerServiceAdvisors@tridentgroup.org.uk