This purpose-built extra care scheme caters for the needs of people aged over 55 and aims to help them live life to the full. They offer the opportunity for residents to enjoy a host of different activities, stay fit and feel young.
Oakland Village is a complex of 88 beautiful apartments, located in the heart of South Derbyshire.
It boasts a comprehensive array of facilities, for people to get involved in with fellow residents and the local community as much or as little as they choose.
The Village has amenities that include a bar, bistro and function rooms which are open to the public, a small Village Shop onsite which is run mainly by volunteers who live at Oakland Village as well as an onsite hair salon and Library.
Care and Support:
24/7 support will be available in an emergency.
Those who have longer term care needs, flexible care and support can be arranged; Derbyshire County Council’s Adult Care service will help identify those needs and fund the care as required.
Living at Oakland Village also gives the added reassurance of hi-tech security measures, including a staff call system and secure entrance, CCTV and 24-hour staffing.
The apartments are carefully designed to meet residents’ needs, comprising of:
- A mixture of one and two bedroom homes, all designed for wheelchair use
- Bathrooms with either a walk-in shower or bath
- Individual heating and utility billing system so residents are in control of their own energy bills
- Their own front door
- Landscaped gardens
- Lounge area
- Bar and Bistro, the bar has weekly and monthly entertainment for everyone to enjoy
- Free WIFI
- Computer access
- Craft room
- Multi faith room
- Small convenience store
- Village Hall – which hosts regular arranged events such as, shows, dancing, bingo, indoor bowls, colouring/painting classes, knit and natter groups.
- Car Parking (limited)
- Lifts to all floors
All apartments are currently occupied and sold. Any apartments that do become available will be marketed through local estate agents.