Our Complaints Process

Trident Group is committed to giving you the best service possible, but if something goes wrong, we want you to tell us. We value complaints and use the information from them to help us improve our services. The information below describes our complaints process and how to make a complaint.

What is a complaint?

Section 1.2 of the Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code defines a complaint as:

“An expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.”

In other words, a complaint is when you as our resident or customer are dissatisfied about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.

What kind of things can I complain about?

  • If we take a long time to respond to any of your enquiries
  • If you think we have failed to provide a good service
  • If any of our staff or contractors have delivered a bad service
  • If we failed to follow our procedures properly

What can’t I complain about?

  • Neighbour nuisance – this will be dealt with by our housing or care/support staff in accordance to the Anti-Social Behaviour Policy
  • Health and safety concerns – these should be reported immediately to ensure prompt rectification
  • Where there are safeguarding issues – these should be reported immediately and action taken in accordance with safeguarding policies and procedures
  • If legal proceedings have started against Trident Group – this is defined as details of the claim, such as the Claim Form and Particulars of Claim, having been filed at court.
  • If it is an attempt to re-open a previously concluded complaint – if you are unhappy with the outcome you should refer it to Housing Ombudsman Service.
  • If the issue giving rise to the complaint occurred over six months ago (excluding safeguarding or health and safety issues).

How do I make a complaint?

You can complain in person at our offices or services, by phone, email, letter or through our website.

What happens with my complaint?

We have a two stage process in managing and resolving a complaint, which is explained below:

When a complaint is received, the Complaints Administrator will record it on our case management system. They will send an acknowledgement letter to you within 5 days of receipt of the complaint. This letter will detail who the Investigating Officer is and what the timescales are.

When the complaint has been resolved, the outcome will be detailed for you in a letter by the Investigating Officer. All investigations should be completed within 10 working days unless an extension period has been agreed.

The Complaints Administrator will contact you separately to complete a satisfaction survey.

If you are not satisfied that the complaint has been investigated appropriately, or that the resolution offered is not appropriate to the findings of the complaint, a review of the investigation and decision can be requested. This must be within 20 days of receiving the final complaint letter.

If the complaint is to continue the Complaints Administrator will escalate this to stage 2

The Complaints Administrator will allocate your complaint to a member of the Senior Management Team and it will be reviewed by a Complaints Panel. Where appropriate, you will be asked if you want a member of the Resident Complaints Panel to be present at the hearing.

Following the meeting, a decision regarding the appeal will be made within 20 working days and the outcome detailed in a letter will be sent to you.

Complaint Resolution

Trident Group will provide advice to complainants on accessing the Housing Ombudsman Service, who can assist throughout the life of a complaint.

To contact the Housing Ombudsman Service, please see the following details:

Housing Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9GE
Tel: 0300 111 3000
Website: www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk

What if I need support to make a complaint?

You can make a complaint through an external representative such as an MP, a Councillor, friend, family member, solicitor or via Citizens Advice. If you are receiving support from our services, then one of our staff members will assist you to the best of their ability. They will remain objective and not involve themselves in the investigation except to support and advocate you, wherever required.

Should you need to request this information or read our documents in another language or in an accessible format, please email communications@tridentgroup.org.uk to request a copy.