Last week, Wednesday 4 August 2021, saw the launch of Trident Reach’s first Over 50’s Luncheon Club at Deelands Hall, a community centre based in the heart of Rubery, Birmingham.
The luncheon, introduced to combat isolation caused by the pandemic, offers people safe social interactions with games, food and refreshments. It is funded by Northfield Community Partnership.
The first luncheon saw guests participating in relaxation and art activities, followed by a three-course lunch which consisted of choices from: soup, minted lamb chops, chicken chasseur, fresh vegetables, apple pie, jelly or lemon cheesecake. After lunch, guests were entertained by resident DJ Frank, followed by a game of bingo and a chance to win prizes from a raffle.
The Over 50’s Luncheon Club will be taking place weekly on a Wednesday between 11.00am-12.00pm at Deelands Hall and costs £5. It is imperative that people call three days in advance to let the team know if they are attending for catering purposes and also to ensure they are able to accommodate the right number of people.
We would like to thank the following organisations and individuals who helped with the launch of our first luncheon, and thank them for their continued support on further weekly luncheons:
- Rubery Co-op, who kindly donated raffle prizes
- Birmingham Centre for Arts Therapies (BCAT), who delivered various therapy-based activities
- CERTS (especially the chef, Wendy), who helped with the catering
- Northfield Community Partnership, for funding the project
- Trident Reach’s PURE Project staff: Shelly, Zoe and Sophie
- Trident Reach volunteer, Frank, who was our resident DJ, raffle man and bingo caller
If you would like to be part of the next Over 50’s Luncheon Club, please contact Bernie McFall, Trident Reach’s Social and Community Engagement Manager, on either 0121 226 5829 or 07734882237 or email email@example.com