This funding has now been frozen. Applications put in before 17:00 Tuesday 9 August 2022 will still be considered.
Customers may be eligible for up to a £200 one-off grant to help with the cost of living crisis
Recently the cost of living has risen for everyone, but the greatest impact has been felt by lower income families. Trident Group understand that some of our customers may be particularly affected by rising living costs while on low incomes.
Our Income Team have been able to access funding from Birmingham City Council providing a one-off grant to support eligible customers. Customers may be eligible for up to £200 to cover the cost of essentials such as food or utility bills.
Our Income Team will put in an application on behalf of customers and Birmingham City Council will allocate funding. The Household Support Fund is only available for households that receive one of the following means tested benefits:
- Council Tax Support
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Social Funds (Cold Weather Payment, Funeral Payment, Sure Start Maternity Grant)
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
There is only a limited amount of funding for the whole of Birmingham which is predicted to be used by September 2022 so if you do believe you may be eligible, please get in contact as soon as possible.
If you think that you maybe eligible for support, please contact our Income Support Officers by:
Opening hours Monday to Friday – 9.00am – 4.00pm
* Please note, as part of the application process, applicants must consent for their details to be shared with The Department of Work and Pensions and Birmingham City Council, which may form a validity check on their application